TWN4 USB Front Reader
The new TWN4 USB Front Reader integrates RFID (125 kHz, 134.2 kHz and 13.56 MHz), NFC and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities into a compact but powerful reader and can be easily connected to an external USB port. It has a rotatable USB interface, which offers a 360° mounting opportunity, as well as an USB-Port, which can be disabled.
Its reduced size combined with excellent read/write performance makes it the perfect reader for various applications including but not limited to print solutions, healthcare applications, or single sign-on.
The TWN4 USB Front Reader allows users to read and write almost all common worldwide 125 kHz, 134.2 kHz and 13.56 MHz tags and/or labels. It supports all major transponders from various suppliers like ATMEL, EM, ST, NXP, TI, HID etc. and ISO standards like ISO14443A/B (T=CL), ISO15693, ISO18092 / ECMA-340 (NFC).
- multi-frequency RFID reader/writer for 125/134.2 kHz, 13.56 MHz, NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy®©
- powerful SDK for writing apps which are executed directly on the reader
- encrypted communication (AES128) between card reader and printer available
- firmware update in the field possible
- USB-Port “pass through” on the front side can be deactivated via device driver
- USB connector on the rear side can be rotated, which offers the possibility of a 360° mounting
- available with custom inlay and packaging as “ready to sell from stock”
- onboard 18 kB flash storage, e.g. for storing user accessible non-volatile data
- direct chip-commands support
- one onboard SAM socket (Secure Access Module)
- CCID and PC/SC 2.01
- supports quick centralized (re)configuration over network and over wireless interface with TWN4 CONFIG Card
- 3D construction data (STEP) available on request