RFID Tagging as Standardized Measure in Tire Tracking
Lecturer: Christophe Duc, RFID Initiative Leader, Michelin
Title: MICHELIN RFID Implementation in Tires: What’s New?
- RFID market adoption and standardization: Where are we?
- Who are the ecosystems we are working with?
- Data access standardization: The Global Data Service Organisation for Tires and Automotive Components (GDSO)
- Sharing our patents to move forward
- Conclusion with website info and contact
Michelin strongly believes that RFID tags in tires is the newest industry standard to help continuously track products throughout the entire lifecycle, and not only in logistics or in an industrial workflow. More and more car manufacturers are specifying RFID as a standard identification system for their tires. With the most advanced car manufacturers, MICHELIN is also working on advanced features: the vehicle would use RFID to know at any moment which tires are on the vehicle and adapt the respective electronics accordingly.
In the future, it will be possible to adapt the control of driving dynamics (ESP, PSM, DSC, etc.) to the tire characteristics (winter or summer tires, tire dimensions). The electronic systems can thus be automatically adjusted to the braking, acceleration and curving behavior of the tires.
Date: March 16th 2022