Focus on Industrial IoT!
In the cover story from the Fraunhofer Institute for Casting, Composite and Processing Technology IGCV, the first step towards the future networking of new industrial components has already been taken: researchers from Fraunhofer IGCV have developed the first prototype of an RFID-capable finger ring, which was produced using additive manufacturing. In laser-based powder bed fusion, a ring is created from metal powder. The RFID tag is automatically integrated into the ring during the manufacturing process.
- Fraunhofer IGCV - AUTOMATED RFID Integration in Additive Manufacturing
- EM MICROELECTRONIC - RAIN RFID IC with On-Chip Antenna
- ELATEC - Machine Authentication for the Smart Factory
- Schreiner Group - ENGINEERING INDUSTRY Relies on Solutions with UHF and NFC
- Balluff - UNLEASHING Industrial Communication
- Bluhm Systeme - THE "LABELLING Beast"