Technology Articles and Applications in Smart City & Consumer IoT
A major thematic focus is the interview article with Frank Bösenberg, the Managing Director of Silicon Saxony in Germany. More than 360 stakeholders in the semiconductor industry are located in the region around Dresden, and the state of Saxony is considered the largest semiconductor location in Europe. Every third chip manufactured in Europe comes from the Silicon Saxony region.
Every third chip manufactured in Europe comes from the Silicon Saxony region. Currently, economic development is being impacted by the global chip shortage. The automotive industry in particular has to redefine production targets. Frank Bösenberg explains how this shortage and the disruption of the supply chain for chip products arose. In particular, he also looks at Europe and its importance as a chip supplier.
Topics in the Issue:
- Silicon Saxony – Global Semiconductor Shortage
- Rinas Gerätetechnik – High-Tech Card Encoding Systems "Made in Germany"
- HID Global – Authenticity Guarantee with HID Trusted Tag Services
- Kathrein Solutions – Vehicle Identification with RAIN RFID
- Elatec – Mobile Access Authorizations via Smartphone
- University of Porto – NFC & BLE Micro-Location Mobile Ticketing Solution
- FIT / ISEL – LoRaWAN at the Core of a Smart City
Bosch Semiconductors in Dresden
Bosch is building its factory of the future in Dresden – in the heart of Silicon Saxony. With the opening of the new production site, every second chip manufactured in Europe could soon come from Saxony. Bosch's high-tech plant is designed to be 5G-capable and has special equipment for manufacturing power and mixed-signal semiconductor components.
To meet growing demand in the Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile applications, the new RB300 semiconductor plant will produce chips on 300 mm wafers. Sales of the first chips will begin in mid-2022. However, it is not only Bosch that stands for microelectronics in Saxony; manufacturers such as Infineon and Globalfoundries also produce semiconductors there.
RFID & Wireless IoT Global
The E-Magazine for Users, Integrators and Developers of RFID & Wireless IoT
- Publication: 6x per year as E-Paper
- Content: Interviews, user reports, statistics, trend evaluations, research results and technology know-how
- Topics: Industrial IoT, Automotive, Logistics, Healthcare, Retail, Smart City, Security and Consumer IoT
- Technologies: RFID, NFC, BLE, LPWAN, RTLS, WiFi, 4G/5G, GPS, ORM, SAW
- Freely available after a one-time registration