The product implementation took place during the construction phase of the hospital. It was necessary to manage operational processes efficiently from the very beginning. In such a massive healthcare complex, it was not possible to manage labor-intensive operating room processes with conventional methods. The main goal is to increase operating room utilization.
- Reduce patient waiting time in the OR
- Reveal bottlenecks in the operating room process
- Increase patient satisfaction, decrease length of stay
Solution of the Ankara City Hospital
Patient Throughput Management
Each patient is identified with an active, reusable LF RFID wristband. LF RFID locators are placed in the pre-op, post-op, and in front of the operating rooms to locate each patient’s wristband in real-time.
A locator sends the location information from the IoT sensor to active RFID readers, where it is then relayed to a centrally managed middleware software. Communication between the active LF RFID wristband tags and the locators is done via Bluetooth.
If the patient enters the wrong operating room, visual alarms are generated to direct the patient to the correct operating room. An end-to-end visibility in the patient’s journey during all operating room processes is recorded. Waiting times for patients are reduced. In the waiting zone, relatives of the patient are informed via dashboard when the surgery has started and when the patient leaves the operating room.
Hardware & Software
- Borda Technology – Borda Active RFID Reader RD8220
- Borda Technology – Borda Active LF Patient Tag AW1200
- Borda Technology – Borda Active LF Locator LT9600
- Borda Technology – Borda Lighthouse Desktop Application
- Borda Technology – Borda Lighthouse Mobile
- Monitoring of more than 20,000 operating room processes monthly
- Accurate forecasting of operation duration
- Detection of bottlenecks causing delays
- Decrease in patient waiting times
- Increase in patient satisfaction
- Ensuring correct patient-OR room allocation
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!