45 cities in Portugal and South America were looking for a solution to label waste containers in such a way that each container could be automatically identified. The labeling solution should be used to identify the current fill level of selected containers in a specific zone. The data collected in this way is necessary to optimize collection routes and to work in a cost and energy efficient way.
- Reliable and fast identification and allocation of waste containers
- Determine fill levels digitally
- Real-time data acquisition
- Increased efficiency and cost savings
Special rewritable and durable UHF RFID hard tags are attached to the containers. The individually stored data on the tags, such as type of container, model, type of waste or filling quantity, is read directly at the disposal vehicles using readers and antennas and documented in the internal application interface.
The reading range of the UHF RFID technology allows the reader hardware to be physically installed outside the waste collection zone (container loading area) on the trucks. Contamination and the risk of damage to the recording hardware are minimized.
Disposal companies can plan waste collection trips more precisely based on real-time and historical data pattern behavior.
The integration of RFID technology has resulted additionally in cost savings in maintenance, fuel consumption, and personnel planning. With the modular structure of the solution, additional functions and services can be added flexibly and customer-specific.
Hardware & Software
- Accelerated and exact process tracking of the filling quantity in containers
- Real-time documentation and historical records are the basis for route optimization
- A unique container ID allows for seamless tracking and tracing of emptying
- Reduced operating costs and increased efficiency of waste disposal
- CO₂ emissions reduced
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!