HB Reavis required a solution in which the reading of different identification media is carried out with uniform hardware infrastructure (readers). Access to the office areas must be possible with smartphones as well as smart cards, key fobs or employee ID cards.
Furthermore, the access control solution should be able to be integrated with HB Reavis' More app, through which building services such as janitorial services, car sharing, conference and room bookings are available to tenants and visitors at Varso Place. The goal is to make access management and building services user-friendly, secure and available across technologies.
Objectives of HB Reavis
- To use a unified hardware infrastructure for access control
- To enable users with different credentials and identification technologies access to the building
- To ensure compatibility of the solution with the More app
- To manage public and restricted access to individual parts of the building, floors and rooms.
The HB Reavis Solution
HB Reavis deploys a mobile access solution as well as BLE and NFC-enabled readers to manage access control. The readers deployed support both high-frequency 13.56 MHz and low-frequency 125 kHz access credentials and are located on all parking barriers, elevators and doors within Varso Place. Access control with smartphones, smart devices, cards and key fobs is achieved and managed for individual building sections, floors and rooms. Tenants, employees and visitors to Varso Place are able to access the various areas for which they are authorized with a "tap" of a smartphone or other form of identification on the readers.
Part of the solution is a software development kit that enables the integration of mobile access authorizations in HB Reavis' More app. Tenants, employees and visitors are granted access to the building as well as access to Varso Place services via smartphone. Mobile access permissions increase security by preventing unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas. Furthermore, hygiene is improved in this case, as manual issuance of access authorizations in the form of smartcards or key fobs is eliminated, minimizing contact between people.
Hardware & Software
- HID Global - Mobile Access
- HID Global - Mobile-Enabled Readers
- HID Global - Software Development Kit
- Uniform hardware infrastructure for access control is implemented
- Allows users with different credentials and identification technologies to access the building
- Compatibility of the solution with the More app is achieved
- Public and restricted access to individual parts of the building, floors and rooms are managed
- Safety and hygiene in the building is improved with a contactless solution
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!