Stadium's requirement is to tag products directly as they enter the supply chain. This applies to both in-house and third-party products. For the former, a source tagging solution is required. Third-party products from some suppliers have their own RFID tags when they enter the supply chain, while others do not. For these, subsequent tagging is necessary, as well as a way to integrate the already tagged products into Stadium's merchandise system.
Objectives of Stadium
- To increase inventory accuracy in stores and distribution centers to more than 99 percent
- To track goods from manufacturing through the supply chain to the POS
- To tag and track own and third-party goods with RFID
- To increase the availability of goods for customers
- To simplify the work of employees and reduce stress
- To reduce overproduction, number of lost goods, and total in-store inventory
The Stadium Solution
Stadium uses a source tagging solution in combination with RFID tunnel readers in distribution centers and RFID handhelds in stores for inventory management. Tagging of proprietary products takes place directly at the point of manufacture. RFID tunnel readers detect if incoming goods are RFID tagged at the distribution center.
In the case of third-party goods, the tunnel reader differentiates between tagged and untagged goods on the basis of RFID detection. The latter is subsequently provided with an RFID label and the EAN numbers of goods that have already been tagged are captured and entered into the Stadium database. Correct collection and delivery of the goods is ensured by means of a new RFID reading before the goods leave the distribution warehouse.
Store employees use RFID handhelds for inventory counting and receiving. Via RFID readings, an inventory list is generated from goods in the in-store warehouse and goods on the sales floor. At the time of sale, the item in question is placed on a replenishment list, and employees receive a real-time inventory summary of items sold and available. Merchandise availability is increased by replenishing merchandise from the warehouse in a timely manner. The storage space predesignated for safety reserves is saved and converted into sales space.
Hardware & Software
- SML RFID – RFID Tags
- Zebra Technologies – RFID Handhelds
- Inventory accuracy in stores and distribution centers is increased to over 99 percent
- Goods are tracked from manufacturing through the supply chain to the POS
- Own and third-party goods are tagged and tracked with RFID
- Availability of goods is increased
- Inventory effort is reduced
- Storage space is saved and overproduction reduced
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!