Inventories were carried out manually once a year. The time required for each physical inventory was 200 hours per store. A total of more than 30,000 hours were required throughout the company for inventory control. Statistically, the stock counts were 98-99 percent accurate. However, since positive and negative differences in the ERP system balanced each other out, the system 'concealed' any missing stock. In reality, the inventories in the stores showed a stock accuracy of 70 percent. This led to merchandise deficits in the stores and increased communication expenditure.
- Increase in inventory accuracy to 98%
- Localization of relocated goods in the stores
- Automation of replenishment processes
- Increase of the inventory cycle with simultaneous time reduction per inventory
UHF RFID source tagging was introduced for all goods. The handling process for labeling was already established, so that only the previous labels had to be replaced with RFID labels.
The first registration of all articles in the supply chain takes place in the distribution centers, the second registration takes place in the stores' incoming goods department. UHF RFID handhelds connected to Android smartphones are used in the stores..
Inventories are taken once a week in each store. The achieved stock accuracy is over 98 %.
With an integrated Geiger function, it is possible to locate misplaced goods in the store.
Hardware & Software
- Time savings for inventories
- Replenishment processes from the DC are automated
- Increase in inventory accuracy in every store to over 98 %
- Geiger function enables localization
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!