When COVID-19 made its way into the U.S., TPIRC faced an immediate challenge related to continuity of care for its patients and ongoing safety for its on-site staff. The organization needed to pivot quickly to ensure that there would be no interruption for thousands of patients who require regular visits to a treatment or diagnostic center.
In essence, TPIRC needed to create a “COVID-safe zone”, where testing and therapeutics could continue while ensuring the health and safety of everyone in its facility — staff, patients and other visitors. Based on best practice guidance, the new environment would need tools and protocols to support tracking, tracing and testing for COVID-19 in people and on surfaces.
- Ensuring employee and patient safety on-site in real-time
- Monitoring compliance with staff decontamination protocols and hand hygiene requirements.
- Promoting an effective management of social distancing in compliance to public health guidelines.
The TPIRC Solution
The TPIRC has equipped its facility with advanced technology aimed at elevating health and safety. The first step encompassed the integration of BLE badges and badge holders into the organization’s Infectious Disease Awareness Platform (IDAP), which was already equipped with solutions to safeguard its healthcare employees.
The BLE badges and badge holders act as wireless beacons that provide the IDAP with a complete digital trail of individuals’ whereabouts and historical interactions in the facility. The beacons are also used to monitor compliance with staff decontamination protocols and hand hygiene requirements, as well as to promote effective management of social distancing in compliance with public health guidelines.
TPIRC staff can now initiate automatic alerting and contact tracing with the click of a button as they move throughout the facility. In addition, TPIRC can monitor how long staff members are at each clean-room station, per compliance guidelines, to ensure they follow proper decontamination procedures.
Hardware & Software
- HID Global: HID BEEKs™ Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) badges and badge holders
- Ensuring staff and patient adherence to public health guidelines and decontamination procedures
- Ensuring a continuous safe environment for both staff and patients
- Increasing staff and patient safety on-site
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!