Physical contact between guests and staff must be minimized to comply with health and safety regulations. For this purpose, digital and touchless check-in and check-out processes are required. The implemented technology must be easily accessible for guests and compatible with mobile devices.
Aims of Village Hotels UK
- Touchless and mobile access control
- Digital self check-in
- Digital booking processes
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
- Improvement of customer satisfaction
The VIllage Hotels UK Solution
Village Hotels UK uses a mobile access control solution with BLE-enables door locks in hotels in the United Kingdom.
Every hotel room is equipped with a BLE-enabled lock. Embedded security modules guarantee secure communication to mobile devices.
Bookings are made via the website of Village Hotels UK. Upon the completion of booking, guests have the option to check in online using a smartphone. Booking and access information are stored in an app.
The check in process is carried out online, after which the smartphone functions as a digital room key. By activating the BLE-functionality and tapping the smartphone to the door lock, access information of the respective booking is transmitted and access is granted. In addition, room service can be booked via the app.
Access control is managed in the cloud-based software platform LEGIC connect. The software enables secure communication between the Village Hotel app and the LEGIC security modules embedded in the door lock.
Hardware & Software
- LEGIC - Connect Software Service
- LEGIC - Mobile SDK
- LEGIC - BLE Security Module
- dormakaba - BLE-enabled door lock
- Digital Self Check-In and Check-Out
- Improvement of customer satisfaction, health and safety in hotels
- Digital and contactless booking processes for hotel services
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!