How to Improve Warehouse Logistics Efficiency
Use UWB and RFID and Map the Warehouse as a Digital Twin
Lecturer: Johannes Rudenko, Managing Director Logistics & IT, TB International
Title: UWB and RFID Technology in Warehouse Logistics at TB International
- 40% Efficiency Increase in Warehouse Logistics
- Mapping the Warehouses with a Digital Twin
- Automating Carton Handling with UHF RFID and UWB
- Real Time Management and Route Planning for 80 Forklifts
- Tagging, Shipping and Tracking of over 500,000 Cartons per Year
TB International sells 15 fashion brands online. It ships clothes in cartons to retailers. Each unique carton is identifiable with a UHF RFID tag. RFID gates in the warehouse and RFID readers on forklifts read the tags. UWB sensors capture the location of cartons and forklifts in real time. As a result, technology maps the warehouse as a digital twin.
The company tracks and locates shipment cartons in the warehouse. Technology solutions eliminate human error from warehouse processes. Forklifts run optimized routes. Personnel costs shrink. Managing Director Logistics & IT Johannes Rudenko explains how it all works.
Source: Think Wireless IoT Day 01-2023: Retail + Food Logistics + Agriculture + Wireless IoT Technologies
Date: January 25th 2023