With its cloud connection the TBEN-L PLC now also handles the tasks of an edge gateway!
Robust IP67-rated TBEN-L-PLC can be directly connected to Turck's cloud platform thanks to the integrated Edge Gateway for easy machine control and maintenance.
The TBEN-L PLC is the world's first IP67 industrial controller, which offers an onboard CODESYS PLC and enables a cloud connection and communication with different Ethernet protocols at the same time, thanks to its multiprotocol technology.
The new Dual MAC mode enables the robust module to establish a connection to the automation network via one port and a securely separated internet connection to the cloud via the second port. Alternatively, if an internet connection to the cloud is not required, communication in two Ethernet networks is possible, for example as a Profinet device and as Profinet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/RTU or CANopen master.
No edge gateway required thanks to direct cloud connection
The ability of the IP67 controller to connect at the machine directly to Turck's Cloud Solutions not only eliminates the need for additional edge gateways but also considerably simplifies project design for the user. This makes it possible to implement decentralized and network concepts with a minimum of installation effort and expenditure.
Compared to applications with a separate edge gateway, the programming of this kind of solution with an integrated cloud connection saves considerable resources since no interfaces for data exchange are required.
Check machine status on your smartphone
Simple access to machine data in the cloud from any PC or mobile device worldwide simplifies fault diagnostics and maintenance as well as condition monitoring for preventative maintenance. The cloud interface supplies a clear presentation of the states of sensors and other machine data in a browser application.
These dashboards can be created by the user without any programming knowledge. Limit values such as temperature, pressure or vibration can be set easily and actions for limit violations defined. If necessary, the Turck Cloud can send an SMS or email directly.
- Tier X suppliers
- Mechanical engineering
- Special machine construction
- Dual MAC mode allows connection to two different Ethernet networks
- Integrated firewall prevents access to automation network
- All licenses on board: Master or slave in Profinet, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, CANopen and SAE J1939 (no slave)
- Modular automation: Perfectly suited for standalone solutions and decentralized concepts
- Cost-effective: Integrated cloud connection saves programming of interfaces between PLC and gateway
- Slim mounting: IP67 enables mounting directly in the field without a control cabinet
- Open system: Profit from the control knowledge of the CODESYS community