Machine and Process Data Collection for Industry 4.0
IIoT Gateway AirBOX
Speakers: Olaf Poenicke, Florian Warschewske and Martin Woitag, Industrial Metrology and Digital Assistance Systems, Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Automation and Operation IFF
Title: Live Demo from the Development Lab: The AirBOX IIoT Gateway for Rugged, Industrial Applications
- IIoT gateway with standardized interfaces for machine and process data collection
- Secure data transmission in existing IT infrastructure via WLAN, Bluetooth, ZigBee and LoRaWAN
- Interconnection of sensors to form a network
- Use case 1: Sensor-based optimization of ceramics drying at ceramics manufacturer Geberit
- Use case 2: Intelligent aircraft production at aircraft manufacturer Airbus
The team from the Fraunhofer IFF presents a live demo as to how industrial companies can overcome the challenge of connecting machines, devices and products to the industrial IoT. The solution is the new IIoT gateway AirBOX with standardized interfaces.
The gateway enables secure data transmission into existing IT infrastructure via WLAN, Bluetooth, ZigBee and LoRaWAN. In addition, the box is mobile. Machine and process data are collected in direct vicinity to the monitored devices. The sensors are connected to form networks that help control processes in smart factories in real time.
Date: 5th April 2023