The livestream will begin on April 5th at 10:00 CEST. Rebroadcasts will air on April 5th at 09:00 PDT and April 6th at 10:00 AEDT. The free registration is available! Click the button with your preferred timeslot to register!
* As the organizer of the Think WIOT Days, the final decision on participation rests with Verlag & Freie Medien.
Important Questions in Difficult Times!
Which Technologies are Driving the Industry Forward? How are Companies Transforming and Becoming Digital?
Expert speakers offer all participants their expertise, their practical experiences and the latest research results. They answer questions in the livestream and respond directly to all participants. Two moderators will accompany the livestream. An end user explains a current project in a live interview.
Conclusion: A diverse program + first-hand expertise + questions in the livestream.
Topics on the Agenda:
- RFID readers and tags for industrial environments
- Factory automation with robots and RFID
- Status quo of global 5G rollout
- Practical tips for 5G network buildup and live demonstration of 5G use cases
- Autonomous guided vehicles for intralogistics with 5G
- Augmented worker machine control solutions with 5G
- Mobile access control and machine authentication with BLE, RFID and NFC
- Smart grids for industrial applications
- Condition monitoring and machine maintenance with IoT sensors
- Gateways for interconnected IIoT sensor networks
- Secure charging processes for mobile tools and fire protection with NB-IoT
In cooperation with:
- Fraunhofer IPT
- Fraunhofer IFF
- Fraunhofer ISE
- RPTU - University of Kaiserslautern-Landau
- Lufthansa Industry Solutions
- Extending OPC UA to the field level including motion, safety and real-time
- Interoperability with OPC UA Field eXchange (UAFX) specifications
- How to improve flexibility, versatility, usability and efﬁciency of production systems
- Reference implementation "OPC UA Safety over 5G"
- Secure industrial communication and automation without vendor lock-in
- Use case examples of smart grids for industrial applications
- Equipping power grids with local, connected intelligence
- Modelling energy systems and power grids with digital twins
- Development of new components and technologies for smart grids
- Automating grid and machine operations
- Status quo of 5G rollout in Europe and the world
- What is the current 5G performance?
- What decisions and operational steps do industrial companies need to realize in order to build a 5G network?
- Industrial 5G routers for public and private networks
- What upcoming 5G technology building blocks for industry are currently under development?
- Live demonstration of 5G applications
- 5G sensors in machines
- Process monitoring and control in real time with 5G
- Use case 1: Vibration measurement in engines
- Use case 2: Condition monitoring for drilling tools
- Use case 3: Real-time control with 5G over TSN
- IIoT gateway with standardized interfaces for machine and process data collection
- Secure data transmission in existing IT infrastructure via WLAN, Bluetooth, ZigBee and LoRaWAN
- Interconnection of sensors to form a network
- Use case 1: Sensor-based optimization of ceramics drying at ceramics manufacturer Geberit
- Use case 2: Intelligent aircraft production at aircraft manufacturer Airbus
- Secure machine authentication
- Use cases in smart factories
- Inventory management and material replenishment for industrial output systems
- Fleet management for industry
- Retrofitting legacy equipment with universal reading devices
- Experience report: 3 years of 5G campus network at Lufthansa Technik in Hamburg
- Use case 1: Aircraft engine maintenance with 5G (Virtual Table Inspection)
- Use case 2: Aircraft construction with augmented reality
- Future expansion beyond online parts inspection and borescopy with 5G
- Augmented Worker: machine control via EEG and eye tracker with 5G
- Precision farming: controlling weeds in grasslands with autonomous 5G drones and robots
- Intralogistics: Partially autonomous AGVs for transporting raw materials and mail on the RPTU campus.
- Flexible production: On the way to batch size 1 with 5G
- 24/7 condition monitoring with NB-IoT
- Secure charging of Li-ion batteries
- Reducing travel distances for workers with mobile tools
- Documenting charging processes in the cloud
- Fire alarms from the cloud