Capture, Analyze and Verify Codes with the BVS IdentSensor
By reading optically standardized barcodes or 2D codes to acquire information and identify components, code readers shed light on the product history. But what if the sensor could determine further helpful information about the product and its environment? Even in difficult lighting conditions, the stationary and user-friendly IdentSensor from Balluff guarantees high reading quality and robustness and expands classic data transmission with modern functionalities.
Reliably Read and Transmit Code Content
Designed to precisely read barcodes, 2D codes and DMC codes, it provides simple and flexible communication interfaces to the process and IT network. Code contents and attributes as well as quality parameters are transmitted to the PLC or higher-level IT systems via industrial communication protocols. For this purpose, the IdentSensor has modern, future-oriented programming interfaces (REST API, MQTT) and dedicated industrial interfaces (IO-Link, TCP, UDP).
In addition, the BVS IdentSensor is part of the Smart Automation and Monitoring System (SAMS) from Balluff. This means you can send out or automatically receive sensor parameters or additional condition monitoring information from the machine at any time. All in all, it is a unique multi-talent within optical identification.
In addition to the BVS IdentSensor, you can also use our IdentSensor with simple USB data connection for manual processes. It is ideally suited, for example, to record incoming goods in the ERP system or to track internal components. In this way, you ensure traceability in every process step.
- Reliable code reading with extremely simple operation
- Simple, error-free installation thanks to IO-Link process and data interface. Alternatively, TCP or UDP
- Detect problems early and avoid downtime: as part of the SAMS (Smart Automation and Monitoring System), the IdentSensor provides additional condition monitoring information
- Device information and condition data can be accessed at any time via your IT network through additional IIoT data interfaces (MQTT and REST API)
- End-to-end traceability: IdentSensor with USB interface available as supplement for manual processes