Smart-Ex® 03: With 5G to the Next Level of Digitalization in Hazardous Areas
With the new Smart-Ex 03, Pepperl+Fuchs is taking the digitization of processes in hazardous areas to a new level: The 5G smartphone, developed in Europe, combines the entire know-how of the Pepperl+Fuchs Group with that of its subsidiaries ecom Instruments, experts in intrinsically safe mobile devices, and Aava Mobile, specialists in industrial tablets and wireless technologies. As a result, it is equipped with numerous features that meet all industry requirements—from Voice over IP, programmable buttons, Wi-Fi only mode, remote diagnostics, and remote support to the implementation of the most diverse Industry 4.0 applications.
The Smart-Ex 03 will have certifications for use in hazardous areas worldwide and can be deployed on all public and private wireless carrier networks as well as on corporate campus networks. With 5G technology and Wi-Fi 6, the 6-inch Android smartphone offers high performance in addition to flexible deployment options.
High Performance with 5G
Powerful 5G technology enables high data throughput with low latency. At the same time, the technology ensures precise localization of objects in the field. This makes the Smart-Ex 03 ideally suited for use in maintenance and service work. The 5G smartphone can also be used to arm the company’s own particularly secure campus networks. These make companies self-sufficient and offer them additional protection to prevent sensitive data from leaking out. The 5G smartphone consequently offers users a high level of security and reliability.
Reliable Device Operation and Convenient Usability from Anywhere
The secure and reliable operation of the Smart-Ex 03 is not only ensured by 5G, but also by the health monitoring function. The innovative device health monitoring of the Smart-Ex 03 convinces with enhanced self-monitoring, among many other UI and UX improvements. Sophisticated diagnostic and troubleshooting tools help IT and device administrators to support users efficiently and to maximize uptime.
The Smart-Ex 03 also stands out for its user-friendly design: It is particularly small, lightweight, and well-balanced for convenient operation.
Worldwide Service and Support
For services and support, international sales and application specialists of the Pepperl+Fuchs Group are also available to our customers in over 80 countries. Based on our customers‘ use cases, Pepperl+Fuchs has been able to develop innovative service and solution concepts. To this end, we offer a customer-friendly service contract with a minimum term of three years.
Highlights of the Smart-Ex® 03
- Full transparency: complete European in-house development from platform to product provides additional security
- Worldwide service and support: international sales specialists and application and system engineers in over 80 countries
- High performance: 5G functionality and Qualcomm processor provide security and reliability with high data throughput and low latency
- Convenient field deployment: user-friendly product and interface design for an exceptional user experience
- Network flexibility and carrier compatibility: wide range of radio bands and carrier certifications for global deployment
- Investment protection: Android Enterprise Recommended specifications with Android security patches and upgrade options, innovative solution and service concept, and generous three-year service contract
- Improved business processes: tailored to the diverse application fields such as communication, digital workflows and work order management, operational safety, or augmented reality applications, the smartphone offers the right answer for every use case
- Advanced security architecture: innovative device health monitoring of the Smart-Ex 03 convinces with advanced self-monitoring, among many other UI and UX improvements; sophisticated diagnostic and troubleshooting tools available