Due to the high number of items, the company strives for uniform and cost-effective tagging of all items. The applicability of the tags to all items and its functionality on metallic and wooden surfaces must be guaranteed.
The company is requesting a solution in which the capture of the tags themselves is straightforward and possible over several meters. Based on the data, each individual item at each of the more than 100 locations would be located at room accuracy.
Objectives of Telkomsel
- To locate and track 100,000 items at over 100 locations at room accuracy
- To reduce the time required for the inventory
- To increase inventory accuracy in offices
- To tag all items uniformly
The Telkomsel Solution
Telkomsel has tagged all of its office supplies with Ferrowave Classic on-metal RFID tags, which can be used uniformly for different items and achieve high read ranges even on metal or wooden surfaces. Company employees use RFID handhelds to capture and read the tags. This is done while walking by with the reader from several meters away. A room-by-room overview of all tagged items at the more than 100 locations is realized.
The tags have an EPC ID and are also equipped with a QR code. If an RFID tag is damaged, the item is identified via QR code. History data remains available for viewing. Accurate tracking of item usage and movement is enabled. Inventories can be carried out every week instead of once a year due to the significantly reduced time required.
Hardware & Software
- Confidex - Ferrowave Classic On-Metal RFID Tag
- Over 100,000 items in over 100 locations are located and tracked at room accuracy
- Time required for inventory is reduced
- Objects are seamlessly captured
- Office supplies are uniformly tagged
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!