The waiting time for orders at the Hard Rock Cafe in Lyon was too long. The staff were unable to provide customer service (menu requests, ordering, re-ordering, changing orders, and paying) in a timely manner.
- Guests order and pay without interaction with service personnel
- Automatic transfer of orders in case of location change
- Ordering and payment of merchandise articles directly at the table
- Separate bills for different guests without additional time and effort
Each table was labeled with a POP (proof of presence) tag. The tag combines NFC and BLE functionality in a tamper-proof transponder.
As soon as a guest taps the POP at his table with his smartphone with the NFC/BLE interface activated, a web application opens. It is not necessary to download a designated app.
The web application is used to read the menu, place orders and pay the bill. The customer also purchases merchandise articles via the web application.
Hardware & Software
Hard Rock Cafe
- Sales increase: 7% due to increased average orders and additional income from sales at the table
- Cost reduction: 6% through more efficient use of personnel
- Reduced waiting times ensure better utilization, even in special areas
- Customer loyalty through information on special offers
- Improved visibility of the cafe in social networks
- Higher positive customer ratings
- Reduced waiting times
- No app installation necessary
- Service personnel comes promptly
- Separate bills without additional effort
- Direct feedback via the web application
Questions? Get in contact with the editorial team!