The Issue Focuses on Wireless IoT Technologies!
The special issue Wireless IoT Technologies: Developments & Trends has been published today.
The result: A special issue with information about software developments, UHF RFID antennas, high temperature tags, features with BLE technology and robotics.
The cover story explains how BLE is driving IoT with mesh features and positioning.
The Main Research Topics in the Issue Are:
- Robotics from Epson in industrial automation
- Reader and antenna development by Kathrein Solutions
- Efficient integration and control with "FieldEcho" from SICK
- Implementable RFID sensors from Fraunhofer IMS
- Simple and secure machine registration with RFID from AEG ID
- RFID tags from B-ID for use in the toughest conditions
- Sensor Tags, Dual-Frequency and BLE from Siva IoT
Status Quo in RFID
LF, HF/NFC, UHF – the RFID-focused contributions show that all three frequencies are in demand. There is no rivalry or fierce competition. On the contrary, new reader and transponder developments are continuously advancing along the path of further specialization. Ultimately, the user reaps the benefits. For system integrators, the range of available hardware is so wide that the right technological solution can be found for every requirement.
Simplified Integration Becomes the Key to Digitalization
Many companies want to further automate and digitalize manufacturing processes. However, they shy away from the effort if individual programming becomes necessary for the integration of sensor technology. The IO-Link protocol is a powerful interface in industrial automation with numerous benefits for users once integrated. Until now, it has been time-consuming and programming-intensive if IO-Link devices from different manufacturers were to be integrated in a company.
The company Sick has taken up this challenge and presented a solution that reduces the IO-Link integration effort from hours to minutes.
Corona: Technological Developments Cannot be Stopped
The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic was addressed in all the interviews and discussions that the editorial team conducted with technology experts worldwide for this edition. Customers are suspending projects, installed production machines cannot be put into operation because the necessary technicians are unable to enter the country, orders are being reduced or canceled. This is one side of the coin.
On the other side, our interviewees reported on numerous new developments, ideas and visions, into which time and creativity were invested even during the lockdown phases. This dynamic underlines the fact that progress may have been temporarily slowed down, but confidence in further development remains unbroken.
RFID & Wireless IoT Global: The Trade Magazine for RFID & Wireless IoT
The E-Magazine for Users, Integrators and Developers of RFID & Wireless IoT
- Publication: 6x per year as an E-Paper
- Content: Interviews, user reports, statistics, trend evaluations, research results and technology know-how
- Topics: Industrial IoT, Automotive, Logistics, Healthcare, Retail, Smart City, Security and Consumer IoT
- Technologies: RFID, NFC, BLE, LPWAN, RTLS, WiFi, 4G/5G, GPS, ORM, SAW